At Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines, our volunteers plant HOPE for the future! From troop leaders to cookie captains, our volunteers help make Girl Scouts fun and meaningful for all girls. They give their time, energy, and talent because they believe in you and your community—because they believe in the power of girls.
This year we’re celebrating National Volunteer Month by showing our appreciation to our volunteers throughout April, and we know it will also mean so much to them to hear directly from Girl Scouts and their fellow volunteers! Ready to find out how you can get involved? See below for some simple ways to show you care!
1.Personalize one of these super cute (and free!) thank-you cards! With cards developed specifically for older and younger girls they’re the perfect way for any Girl Scout to show her appreciation for the amazing volunteers in her life. Let them know that, because of them, you are a Girl Scout, and Girl Scouts can do anything.
2. Send them a “leaf of thanks” through our ENCORE Appreciation form. All of your “leaf of thanks” will be added to our council Tree of Thanks! If you’re looking to take it one step further, upload a special video with your “leaf of thanks” to be shared with the volunteer you’re recognizing. When you submit a form, you and the volunteer you are recognizing will be entered to win some awesome prizes!
3. Shout them out on social media. From a quick thank you, to sharing a special story about a time a volunteer made a difference in your life a little goes a long way when using social media to share your thanks. Make sure you tag us in your posts so we can help celebrate.
4. Make a donation to Girl Scouts in honor of a volunteer. When you give to Girl Scouts, it makes it possible for us to continue providing an amazing experience to all girls, a cause our volunteers are passionate about!
5. Send a quick video thanking them for all they’ve helped your troop accomplish. Even just a quick 30 second video can brighten a volunteers day and let them know that they’re making the world a better place!
6. Choose a project from Girl Scouts at Home to make and give to your volunteer. There are so many amazing ways for Girl Scouts to celebrate their leaders and other volunteers from home. With ideas ranging from photo collages, to sweet treats, and more there’s an idea for every girl here!
7. Team up with other troop families to get them a token of appreciation from the Girl Scout shop—when you use the code VOLUNTEER2021 in our online shop during the month of April, you’ll get a sweet 10% off! Show your troop leaders some extra love on Girl Scout Leader Day April 22! You can make them something special or surprise them with a gift from our shops! At any of our council shops, save $10 off your purchase of $50 or more!
When it comes to showing gratitude, we’ve got this! Learn more about Volunteer Appreciation and how to show you care on our website!