The 2020 Girl Scout Cookie Program is in full swing, and we are so proud of all that our troops have accomplished so far. Cookie booths officially kicked off last week, and Girl Scouts across our 41 counties have been putting their business skills into action with some awesome booths showcasing all that the Girl Scout Cookie Program makes possible for girls!
We created the Golden Ticket contest to reward Girl Scout troops whose awesome booths follow special rules and guidelines. Council staff members as well as some local celebrities will be visiting booths throughout the 2020 Girl Scout Cookie Program and handing out Golden Tickets to troops with booths that check all the boxes. If a troop receives a Golden Ticket, they can then enter online for 4 chances to win Girl Scout memberships for 2021 for up to 12 members of their troop… how awesome is that?! The more tickets a troop earns, the greater their chances for winning.
2020 Golden Ticket requirements:
- Have an Operation Cookie Drop donation container prominently displayed at their booth. Print a label here or make your own!
- Girls at the booth must be wearing their Girl Scout swag! This could be their uniform, a Girl Scout t-shirt, sweatshirt, hat, scarf or clothing of any kind. Show your Girl Scout pride!
- Include a sign with your cookie season goal! For example, goals can be a dollar amount, total number of boxes, or a trip or event.
- Display your troop number! This can be included on the sign with your goal or anywhere else it fits.
- Have the appropriate adult to girl ratio. A minimum of two girls and two adults is required for Girl Scout Daisies-Juniors. For Girl Scout Cadettes-Ambassadors, one girl and one adult is allowed.
- Follow the safety guidelines and booth rules. Show everyone what being a Girl Scout is all about! Use your manners, don’t eat at the booth, and be safe!
Check out these awesome examples of troops that have already received a Golden Ticket this cookie season!
Have an awesome cookie booth story, or a great goal for your proceeds? We want to hear them! Share them with us by visiting our website!