For a month, we featured some of our phenomenal Girl Scouts in our Building Beyond Tomorrow campaign and asked you to support them as they heal hearts, minds, and communities. You stepped forward.
Today, we are ecstatic to share some highlights from this incredible campaign:
- 291 people came together to support our girls and volunteers
- $150,472 raised
- 23 people raised funds for the campaign
- Those fundraisers raised $42,211 from 191 people!
- Four donors offered challenges and matches to encourage others to join them, including a recently graduated Girl Scout who gave all of her cookie money to support her fellow Young Alums
- Six volunteers and staff came out to help us on Giving HERsday, and hundreds of you cheered them on on social media
- So many donors shared beautiful comments like these:
“When I was a troop leader, I saw how powerful the Girl Scout experience was in building girls’ confidence to allow them to take on new challenges, and I want to help provide those opportunities to more girls.“
“Girl Scouts is an exceptional organization that assists our girls in becoming extraordinary women. It encourages them to explore and embrace their strengths. Thank you, Girl Scouts!“
“I am such a believer in the goodness of Girl Scouts. Keep up the good work in nurturing strong, empathetic, resourceful leaders for tomorrow…and just happy people. Thank you!“
“So much of my identity revolves around Girl Scouts and the memories I made through the organization. I am extremely grateful for my experience in Girl Scouts and I hope that through this fundraiser we as a community can help as many girls as we can.“
The generosity of our Girl Scouts – NCCP community will allow us to:
- promote mental health and belonging with resources to keep troops connected and programs like Be a Friend First
- support outstanding Girl Scouts healing hearts, minds, and communities like Gold Award Girl Scouts KaLa, Prerana, and Kasey
- help provide financial assistance to any Girl Scout that needs it
Thank you to everyone who donated and shared to make Building Beyond Tomorrow so successful. Thank you to those of you who shared your stories or signed up to fundraise. Thank you to the supporters who left sweet comments about the work of our girls and volunteers. Thank you to everyone who stepped up to support our phenomenal Girl Scouts.
We are amazed by how many people and businesses came together to support our girls and the extent of their generosity. We are overwhelmed with gratitude, and we can’t wait to see what our girls do next.