ATC RecapAugust 15, 2016
Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines is home to over 9,000 volunteers, and every single one is important to us. As the new Volunteer Experience Team, we’re here to support the overall success and experience of our volunteers through comprehensive training systems, educational programs and resources, and recognition and appreciation initiatives. Starting with your very first day as a volunteer, we want your experience to be positive and satisfying and one that makes being here as meaningful and rewarding to you as being a Girl Scout is to our girls.
Here is a sneak peek at just a few of the learning opportunities and resources that we’ve been working on and that you can expect to see this fall…
New Core Leadership Series – Our new Core Leadership Series is designed to provide new co-leaders with a framework to get troops started as quickly as possible while still providing an opportunity for you to gain more information on working with girls and parents, an understanding of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, and how all Girl Scout program resources work together.
Co-Leader Webinar Series – We’ve expanded our webinar series to include even more! Be sure to visit the Volunteer page on the council website to register and join us for one (or many) of our upcoming webinars!
- New Co-Leader Series – featuring topics timed to the program year to help prepare and guide co-leaders through their first year [monthly]
- Returning Co-Leader Series – featuring essential updates and timely news for returning co-leaders [quarterly]
- Multi-Level Troop Series – featuring ideas and suggestions for multi-level troop leaders [quarterly]
- Rising Co-Leader Series – for co-leaders moving up to the next grade level, join us to gain information to help you prepare and understand what to expect [early fall and spring]
Troop Banking Webinars
- Troop Banking – Getting Started – held monthly, these webinars will prepare new troop treasurers for their role and ensure you’re ready for product sales and end of year reporting.
- Troop Banking – Wrapping Up Your Year – held in April & May, join us to learn how to complete and submit your end of year troop banking report.
VTK Live!: Volunteer Toolkit – VTK Live! invites co-leaders to join us for in-person trainings where they will learn the ins and out of VTK and have the opportunity to get started on their own year plan!
We are so excited to coordinate, plan, and deliver such a wide variety of learning opportunities, trainings, and other resources for our volunteers! It’s our goal to help you succeed and thrive, so whenever you’re ready, we’re ready for you! Visit our new Volunteer page on the website to see everything that’s happening and get started or contact us at email@example.com! If we can’t help you, we’ll connect you with the person(s) who can!