Keli Diewald, Camp Program and Outdoor Education Executive
As we welcome the holiday season buying last minute gifts and gathering with friends and family, summer can feel so far away. But believe it or not, we have been busy planning for the summer season here at Girl Scouts – NC Coastal Pines. And we’re so excited about our 2016 summer camp and outdoor programs, we can hardly wait for the warmer days ahead!
With so many great sessions – from camping in tree houses and learning to surf and sail to horse back riding and archery and hiking the Appalachian trail – it’s hard to pick our favorite. Whether your girl is a at resident camp pro or will be packing up for her first ever week away from home, Girl Scout camp offers a variety of experiences she is sure to enjoy!
And that’s why our Camp Team is so eager to share our 2016 Summer Fun Guide – now available online! Registration for camp will open February 3. We think it will get you and your girl excited for summer as well. Here’s a sampling of our camp sessions:
- Paddles Up! In this session older girls will get to experience standup paddle boarding on the lake and take an overnight adventure to the beach. (grades 9-12)
- Girls will make Magical Memories during this new 2-week session at camp and enjoy an offsite, weekend adventure. (grades 4-5)
- Kick off the summer with Outdoor Explorers. This half week session allows new or young campers to explore camp, go on nature hikes, play games and create GORP – good ol’ raisins & peanuts. (grades 2-3)
- Bring the family and enjoy the weekend at Stars and Stripes Family Camp. Experience time on the water and round out the weekend with a special Fourth of July cookout.
- A Week at Hogwarts is sure to be a treat for girls as they take on “House challenges” and have daily adventures. (grades 2-3)
- Girls will follow the clues in It’s Your Quest as they explore camp, make new friends and wind down the summer. (grades 4-5)
- If your girl isn’t quite ready for overnight camp, day camp can be a great option. We offer several sessions around the council; perhaps you’ll see one being offered in your neighborhood. (grades 1-8)
Are your dreaming of summer now? Download our summer camp certificate to give to the Girl Scout in your life this holiday season! We can’t wait to see you around the camp fire! Let the adventures begin.
What camp session is your girl dreaming of this winter!?