Top 10 Reasons to Join the Fall Product Sale in 2013!September 17, 2013
By Amy Vitale, Product Sales Manager
Candies, nuts, and magazines… oh my! Our 2014 Fall Product Sale is right around the corner and we are gearing up for our Girl Scouts to sell candies, nuts, and magazine subscriptions to help raise money for their Troops and service areas! Whether this is your first time selling with us or you’re a pro, here are 10 reasons to participate in Girl Scouts – NC Coastal Pines’ 2014 Fall Product Sale!
- Yummy snacks! Our troops have the opportunity to sell 12 yummy snacks including our new dark chocolate mint penguins and spicy salsa snack mix.
- Awesome Magazines! Our troops also have the opportunity to sell magazines (print and digital) and with over 900 magazine titles.
- Troop Proceeds! This easy-in-and-out-sale provides great start up money when troops need it and can help girls save towards end of year trips, events, or even a pizza party.
- Earn Journey Books! No need to purchase Journey Books…earn them instead. If all participating girls in your troop have a per girl average of $250 or more in the Fall Sale, then all participating girls will receive a Journey Book of their choice.
- Treat Yourself! Just sell 100 or more items (any combination of snacks and/or magazines) and be a part of the new Sweet Success 100th Club. Earn a special patch and a night on the town including gift cards for dinner and a movie.
- Treats for Troops! Girl Scouts and customers have the opportunity to support our military with treats from home. Girls with five or more Treats for Troops orders not only earn proceeds for their troop, but also receive a special patch.
- Cash Bonuses! Each area has the opportunity to earn cash bonuses up to 5% of their area’s total sales for reaching their goals. Last year many areas used their cash bonuses to purchase/fund pop-up tents, kick-off rallies, and camping supplies.
- So much to be earned! Cumulative patches and recognitions are earned, in addition to troop proceeds, other bonus recognitions, and area bonuses. Some patches can be earned just by inviting friends and family to the sale.
- Learn The 5 Skills! Girls who participate will learn Goal Setting, Decision Making, Money Management, People Skills, and Business Ethics. Girls will learn skills today that will help grow them into the leaders of tomorrow!
- Warm-up! The Fall Sale is a great time to prepare your Girl Scouts for the Cookie Sale. It provides girls the opportunity to prepare goals, practice selling techniques, and manage money all within a friends and family sale.