By Kristi Doebler, Camp Director, Camp Hardee
We all love going to camp every summer, but sometimes the cost of camp can be hard for a family to cover. There are a few different ways that our Council can help to get a girl to camp, and a few that she and her family can do as well.
1. Get your Early Bird Discount! Save $25 on your camp registration fees simply by registering early! March 31st is the last day to take advantage of our Early Bird pricing. After that, you’ll need to pay full price.
2. Apply for a Campership! A what? Scholarships + Camp = Camperships. We have financial assistance available for any currently register Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines member to apply to our summer camp programming. To apply for financial aid, first register for camp, pay the $75 deposit, and then submit the form. Applications are due on April 1st. Each girl may apply for financial aid for one session, up to $200.
3. Use that Cookie Dough! Cookie Dough earned during the Girl Scout Cookie Sale program may be applied to resident camp sessions, special summer events, trading posts, day camps, and Council sponsored events. The easiest way to apply your Cookie Dough towards these activities is to choose the Camp option on the Superstar Destinations Survey.
4. Work for it! Girls, you can take ownership of your camp experience by helping to contribute to your fees. With your parents’ permission, you can talk with your family, friends, and neighbors to see if there is anything you can help them with to earn some money. Some ideas include walking your neighbor’s dog after school, babysitting for your aunt, or helping a friend’s family clean up their yard.
5. Ask for camp as a gift! When you are making your wish list for birthdays and holidays, add camp to that list. While that toy or game is fun for a few months, your memories for camp will last a lifetime.
We believe camp is for all girls, which is why our team is committed to helping your girl experience the wonders and magic of a summer camp experience. Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to see you this summer, it’s going to be a blast!
Summer Camp Quick Links: