Calling all Girl Scouts fans! Do you believe in the power of Girl Scouting? Has it had an impact on you or someone you know? Are you ready to sing if from the rooftops? If so, then we need you. We’d like you to join our Building Beyond Tomorrow campaign as a fundraiser. You can raise money on your own or as part of a team.
Last year, COVID-19 turned the world upside down. The council’s first priority was to pivot quickly to virtual programming to keep serving our girls fully and without interruption. We launched our Building Beyond Tomorrow fundraising campaign to make it possible. The campaign exceeded our expectations, and we need your help to do it again. After a year dominated by crisis, our girls and volunteers need the support and programming that will help them heal themselves and their communities. If you have been looking for ways to help girls during the pandemic, this is the perfect opportunity.
The campaign runs from August 2 – September 3, 2021. As soon as you sign up to fundraise, we’ll start sending you the training and resources you’ll need to be successful when the campaign kicks off.
- Spread the word about our campaign- This can include liking and sharing the council’s campaign posts on social media and telling people about our council and what Girl Scouting means to you.
- Ask others to donate- How you do so depends on you and your network. Do you usually communicate with friends and family via email, text, phone, or mail? Are you a social media savant? Meet your network where you already are and ask them to donate.
Who you ask will essentially be up to you. Some groups to consider:
- Close friends and family
- Casual friends and acquaintances
- People you know through Girl Scouts (fellow Girl Scouts, volunteers, parents, etc.)
Ask yourself: Do I have a church or community group that might support me? Are there local businesses that I frequent? Would my workplace allow me to do something to raise money or match what I raise? Do my friends ask me to support their kids’ school fundraisers? Do I have a birthday or other event coming up where I could ask for donations instead of gifts?
What you’ll get from us
- A link to a ready-made fundraising page where you can direct your supporters
- Customizable templates you can use for emails, social media posts, and letters to make fundraising a breeze
- Weekly emails with tips, resources, updates, encouragement, and celebrations
- Our everlasting gratitude
To team, or not to team?
That’s up to you! If you’re a lone wolf or already a confident fundraiser, you might prefer to fundraise on your own. If you like working in a group or think you’d like extra support or encouragement, a team might be the way to go. You could join an existing team or create your own! Some team ideas:
- Service unit-based teams
- Girl Scout grade levels
- Girl Scouting decades
- Girl Scouts participation (Troop Leader, Service Unit Volunteer, Parent (Girl Scout dads, anyone?))
- Favorite part of Girl Scouting (like a STEM or a camping team)*
- Whatever calls to you! Have fun and be creative!
- Where possible, we’ll try to celebrate fundraisers and fundraising teams that are doing a fabulous job on social media
- We will run contests throughout the campaign to keep things exciting. You could win exclusive prizes, plus some serious bragging rights.
- All fundraisers will receive an exclusive Building Beyond Tomorrow patch as a thank-you
Ready to go? Go to our Building Beyond Tomorrow site and sign up as a fundraiser!
*Note that funds raised by special interest teams will not be restricted to that interest (e.g., money raised by a summer camp team would not necessarily go to camp)