It’s finally the sweetest time of year! The Girl Scout Cookie Program kicked off on Saturday, and our Girl Scouts unleashed their inner G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader) in full force as they held their first cookie booth sales and began going door-to-door.
This year, we have two different cookie booth contests that troops can participate in for some added fun and friendly competition! Keep reading to find out how your troop can get involved and get an edge on their cookie booths… while showing others how AWESOME it is to be a Girl Scout!
The Golden Ticket Contest
Our Golden Ticket contest is back! Golden Tickets are given to Girl Scout troops by our council staff members and volunteers if their cookie booths meet all of the council requirements. If a troop receives a Golden Ticket, they can then enter online for 4 chances to win $250 for their troop… how awesome is that?! The more tickets a troop earns, the greater their chances for winning.
To earn the ticket, your cookie booth must:
1. Have the Operation Cookie Drop label displayed on any container/jar/box prominently on your booth table. Print out our label here, or make your own!
2. Have a goal chart displayed with your troop number and goal. A goal can be selling a certain number of boxes, raising a specific amount of money, an event or trip, anything that your troop is aiming for!
3. Have all girls working the booth wearing their Girl Scout gear. This can be your full uniform, a vest/sash, a Girl Scout t-shirt or sweatshirt, or anything else Girl Scout related!
4. Have the appropriate ratio of girls and adults. For Daisy/Brownie/Junior troops you must have a minimum of two girls and two adults. Cadette troops and up can have one girl and one adult.
5. Correctly represent the Girl Scout way and acting accordingly. Show off your courage, confidence, and character, Girl Scout!
It’s that easy! We know all of you are cookie bosses that know what it takes to run the perfect cookie booth, so you should earn your Golden Tickets in no time!
Fun Friends and Cookies Contest
Cookie season is the perfect time to show others how great it is to be a Girl Scout, and cookie booths are the perfect opportunity to inspire other G.I.R.L.s to join in on the fun as well! This year, we are encouraging Girl Scout troops to keep interest cards at their cookie booths so that when other girls ask them how to join, they can help get them started! What better way to practice your People Skills this year, Girl Scout?
Girl Scout troops that collect and submit interest cards from January 26th-February 28th will be entered into a weekly drawing of $100 for their troop! Drawings will occur every Friday morning beginning the 26th for five weeks. Winners will be announced on our Facebook page and leaders will be contacted directly.
So what are you waiting for?! Get started by picking up the interest cards at your cookie pick up, service unit meeting, or council shop. You can also get them from your Membership Director or by emailing Brooke Banson Vallely. To promote the cards at your booth, make sure that all of the parents and girls in your troop know about the contest so that if they meet any girls interested in joining, they can get them to fill out the cards! Troops can also pick up a sign that they can put up encouraging girls to join or make their own!
Each troop will receive a pre-addressed, stamped envelopes. Once you have collected at least five interest cards, drop them in the mailbox as soon as possible… and don’t forget to write down your troop number! The cards are going to:
Kat Wester, Director of Inside Sales Girl Scouts– North Carolina Coastal Pines 6901 Pinecrest Rd. Raleigh, NC 27613
If you have any questions, you can ask your Membership Director or Brooke Banson Vallely.
We can’t wait to see all of you out their in action accomplishing your goals, Girl Scouts! Happy cookie season and good luck on the cookie booth contests, Girl Scouts!