By: Keli Diewald and Meta Trombley, Membership Executives
Every Girl Scout can give you 101 reasons why you shouldn’t wait to join Girl Scouts! If fun, new outdoor adventures, exploring the arts, science and technology, and spending quality time with your girl aren’t enough, here are 5 great things awaiting you at Girl Scouts – NC Coastal Pines:
1. Life Long Friendships. Through your troop activities and individual experiences you will find friends who share your interests, passions and desire to make the world a better place. Many of our Girl Scouts connect in Kindergarten and even as Graduating Seniors stay together. We have Alumnae who gather together to celebrate on a yearly basis their adult lives!
2. Real Life Skills. Whether attending council sponsored events, going on a camping trip, or selling cookies, girls develop skills that will help them throughout life. How many people can say they had a business when they were five? Our Girl Scout Daisies can! Through the Girl Scout Cookie Program our girls learn skills including Money Management, Business Ethics Goal Setting, Decision Making, and People Skills.
3. Scholarships, Awards and More! At each Girl Scout level, girls are investigating ways to impact the community around them from our Girl Scout Daisies’ engaging in a community service project to Girl Scout Seniors and Ambassadors receiving their Girl Scout Gold Award. Girl Scouting opens a world of opportunities for girls as they continue into higher education. Did you know that there are colleges and universities that give Gold Award Recipients between$1,000 and $6,000 per year in scholarships? You can be that girl!
4. New Experiences. Imagine hitting the waves at Girl Scout Surf Camp, climbing a 50 foot tall Alpine Tower, or filming a public service announcement about issues affecting girls today. Live one of our greatest traditions in Girl Scouts – having new experiences. Girl Scouts can do anything!
5. Making Memories that will Last Forever! You will have adventures that will last forever! Just ask any Girl Scout Alumna and she can tell you an awe-inspiring story that starts – “This one time in Girl Scouts…”
Get started on your Girl Scout story today. Join us for the journey of a lifetime! Use event code 367F22 when registered to be entered to win an iPad!*
*First time, new members only. Must register by 9/30/14.