“Dive In” to the 2014 Fall SaleSeptember 9, 2014
By Amy Vitale, Product Sales Manager
Our “Be Active! Dive In!” Fall Product sale here at Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines kicks off on Friday, October 3. Troops and individual Girl Scouts can sell magazine subscriptions (new and renewals) and nuts and candy to earn money for their Girl Scout experience. This year, our online store will also feature Ashdon Farm’s full line of nuts and candies.
Not ready to Dive In yet? Here are ten reasons that may help you take the plunge:
- Recharge your Troop Bank Account! An average troop earns $200 in proceeds during the 3 weeks of Fall Sale. Troops who participate will have money in the bank by the end of October.
- Area Bonus Money! Local areas can earn up to 5% of their total sales. Several areas have received over $1000 on top of what their troops earned. This extra cash can help pay for rallies, popup tents for cookie booths, and end of the year banquets.
- New Photo Keepsakes! This year’s sale offers a great way to help people share their memories with personalized photo keepsakes like photobooks, holiday cards, and calendars using the photos they have stored on computers, mobile devices, Facebook and Instagram.
- Warm Up for the Cookie Sale! The Fall Sale is a great opportunity to teach new Girl Scouts how to manage a product sale on a smaller scale than the Cookie Sale. For our seasoned Girl Scouts, it is a great way to get them excited for Cookies!
- Support Local! The holidays are right around the corner and why not support the Girl Scouts in your troop and council by shopping with them. Magazine subscriptions and the yummy nuts and candy have always made great holiday gifts plus our new Keepsake Photo items make great personalized gifts.
- Support the Troops! Treats for Troops is in its fourth year and we have already sent 7,000 treats to our military troops. Let’s continue to show our support and send even more treats from home.
- Recognitions! Not only can girls earn cumulative recognitions like our adorable plush otters, Cashew and Peanut, but also Top Seller medals, Journey Books, and gift cards to their favorite restaurants.
- Patches! Sell 3 magazines/Photo Keepsake items and 10 nut or candy items to receive three interlocking patches. 5 Treats for Troops sales earns a patch. And another patch can be earned just be sending 12 email invitations to shop your online store. How easy is that?
- The 5 Skills! The Fall Sale is part of our Financial Literacy Program in Girl Scouts. Give your girls a brighter future by providing them opportunities to set goals, make decision, manage money, interact with customers, and learn business ethics.
- Get a Free Troop Photo Yearbook! All Girl Scout Troops that have 30% or more of their registered girls participating in the Fall Sale, will receive a certificate for a FREE photobook. Have fun with your girls as you create your own Troop Yearbook!