Thankful to Be a Girl Scout VolunteerNovember 24, 2013
By Craven County Girl Scout volunteers, Service Unit 618
Without the generous support of our adult volunteers, Girl Scouts NC Coastal Pines could not carry out its mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character. Our volunteers make it possible to deliver the Girl Scout program helping girls become our future leaders.
In this season of remembrance and thanks, we are so grateful for our volunteers! And we just love hearing the many reasons why our volunteers in Craven County are thankful for their Girl Scout experience!
- I love being a Girl Scout leader because it changes lives. It changes the lives I touch, but mostly it changes my life. – Kim, Troop #279
- Being an adult Girl Scout gives me the chance to continue being part of an organization that I loved as a young girl. – Gail, Troop #90
- I am thankful for Girl Scouts for giving me the opportunity to spend more time with my girls and teach them to be better people. – Mary, Troop #184
- I love being a Girl Scout volunteer because not only do I have the opportunity to experience new things with my own daughter, but I know I’m helping other young girls reach their goals, whether it is with cookie sales or life. – Crystal, Troop #315
- Girl Scouts helps me expand my skills, meet others involved with Girls Scouts, make new friends, and make a difference. – Tracy, service unit secretary
- I enjoy working with the girls and learning from them, as well as co-leading with a great group of adults who have become my friends. – Camille, Troop #1814
- I am thankful to be a Girl Scout volunteer because I hope to pass along the same things that I treasure from my years as a Scout – lifelong friendships, independence & life skills, confidence, and a spirit of service to others. – Paula, Troop #1508
- I am thankful that I get to teach 13 sassy girls new skills that will better them in their adult lives. – Mattie, Troop #132
- I have a better understanding about different people and it makes me feel good that I’m contributing to girls’ lives, but more important; I know the girls are learning new skills each time we meet. – Jennifer, Troop #863
- I am thankful for being a Girl Scout volunteer because I cherish the impact I make as a mentor for girls. Also, I enjoy mentoring new leaders and sharing my knowledge and experience. – Nancy, Troop #1956
- I am thankful to be a Girl Scout volunteer for being part of young girls’ lives; for showing them what can be accomplished with hope, courage, strength & faith and witnessing the practice thereof. – Sarah, Troop #696
- I am thankful to be a Girl Scout volunteer because I care about the future of our country and know that I have a part in creating these young entrepreneurs, physicians, scientists, politicians, etc. – Sara, Troop #119
- I’m thankful to be a positive role model in young girls’ lives and to meet wonderful kids, parents, and adult members to help me along the way. – Brittany, Troop #1543
- The girls keep me humble and put into perspective the fact that I may only be a small part of the world but I can make a big difference. – Jeanette, Troop #812
Are you looking for a meaningful way to spend time with your daughter, granddaughter, or niece? Are you interested in helping girls develop a strong sense of self and become the leaders of tomorrow?
Become a Girl Scout Volunteer and start the fun today!