Big news! Girls entering kindergarten in the fall can register for Girl Scouts TODAY to get the fun started a little early this summer as a Girl Scout Daisy. Entering kindergarten is such an exciting time, and Girl Scouts can help her build the confidence she needs before starting her first year of school off strong.
Girl Scout Daisies have the chance to:
- Embrace the positive values of Girl Scouting
- Earn petals and badges while trying new and exciting things
- Grow more confident and learn to be more independent
- Explore the outdoors and spend time in nature
- Join a circle of friendship and fun like no other
- And so much more!
When girls register now through extended year membership, they will have access to some pretty cool opportunities!
- Participate in our Beyond Ordinary Summer program
This summer is going to be beyond ordinary and we are offering your Girl Scout ways to explore, grow, and create from the comfort of your home or backyard! Girl Scout Daisies can sign up for our virtual mini camp sessions, Friendship Fires, badge earning events, and more. View the full brochure here.
2. Receive one of our Daisy Launch Activity Guides and a Patch
Girl Scouts entering kindergarten can complete this guide with their family to learn all about the Girl Scout Daisy program while having tons of fun. Girls will receive the guide in the mail after signing up. They will even get a sticker sheet and their first patch too, so fun!
3. Join our Virtual Troop Meetings
Each week we are hosting Pre-k virtual troop meetings on Zoom starting in mid-July! Meetings are led by Girl Scout staff members and girls will have the opportunities to make new friends from across the council! Learn more about how to join these meetings on our Join page.
So far, we have these dates planned (with more to come in different areas!)
- Southern Village Area (Orange County): 2nd and 4th Sundays at 3pm
- Central Cary: 2nd and 4th Mondays at 6:15pm
- Holly Springs: 1st and 3rd Mondays at 6:15pm
- Jacksonville: 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at 6:15pm
- Downtown Durham: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 6:15pm
- North Raleigh: 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 6:15pm
- Greenville: 1st and 3rd Monday at 6:15pm
- Cumberland County: 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 6:15pm
- New Hanover (Monkey Junction): 1st and 3rd Thursday at 6:15pm
- Linden Oaks (Harnett County): 2nd and 4th Monday at 6:15pm
BONUS: Interested in becoming a new Daisy troop co-leader? New co-leaders of Daisy troops will get a Daisy Launch themed reusable bag, button and magnet.
So what are you waiting for? Join today! Extended year memberships are available for $35 and are good through September 30th, 2021. You can pay online using a debit or credit card. Have questions before joining? We have Parent Q&A events in June on Sundays at 8pm and Friday at 1pm through Zoom.