By Keli Diewald, Membership Executive – Region 4
As adults we can think of times that each of us lay awake at night with anticipation and excitement of what was to come. That is how our young girls feel about Girl Scouts. They can’t wait to make new friends, have diverse experiences and be a part of our Girl Scout Sisterhood. With this in mind, I can’t wait to get the new year started at Girl Scouts – NC Coastal Pines and here’s why:
I Can’t Wait To….
- Witness the amazement in a Girl Scout Daisy’s eye as she learns the Girl Scout Law and recites it to her family (while making them learn it, too).
- See Girl Scout Brownies have hands on experiences in the world of STEM at the I’m An Inventor event.
- Watch Girl Scout Juniors cheer on their teammates as they challenge themselves to climb to the top of the Alpine Tower at Camp Mary Atkinson.
- Hear that our shyest Girl Scout Daisies have become shining stars as Girl Scout Cadettes who serve as Program Aides in our council Day Camps.
- Learn from our Girl Scout Seniors as they represent the girl voice on the council’s board of directors, helping the Girl Scout Movement to stay relevant among girls today.
- Read a Girl Scout Ambassador’s college admissions essay as she talks about earning the Girl Scout Gold Award and her passion for community advocacy.
- See the pride in an alumnae Girl Scout’s eye as she tackles her first “real-world” job and knows that she is using the leadership skills she learned in Girl Scouts.
- Hear about council volunteers’ eye opening experiences they are ensuring our girls have-whether it’s taking a girl on her first overnight event, traveling to Europe, or giving back to the community.
- See a young girl look at her mom, grandmother, aunt, or cousin who is leading her troop, with admiration and respect.
- Watch a group of girls, who have only just met, join together as Girl Scouts and begin their journey as lifelong friends!
What can’t you wait to do?
Share your stories with us on our Facebook page and let everyone know what you just can’t wait to do. Spread the word; get others involved – girls and adults! Help keep the Girl Scout Movement alive and ensure that all girls are able to experience the wonder and power of this incredible leadership program.