By Amy Vitale, Product Sales Manager
Girl Scouts today have so many opportunities to sell a box of cookies. This can range from cookie booths to cookie stands in addition to traditional door-to-door sales.
This year, Girl Scouts – NC Coastal Pines’ Girl Scouts will go door-to-door with cookies in-hand instead of just an order form! By moving to a “direct” Cookie Sale, troops will have cookies earlier in the sale so there no customer preordering is involved.
A Direct Cookie Sale is…
- less time consuming for Girl Scout families.
- combines order taking and delivery into one step which is a huge plus.
- gives girls the opportunity to sell more cookies and earn more proceeds.
- gives customers instant cookie gratification!
Girls will participate in a new “Walkabout Week” with cookies in hand for direct sales starting Sunday, Jan 19 through Friday, Jan 24. Here are some fun ways girls and troops can participate in the week:
- Sale on Wheels – loading cookies in a wagon and selling to customers in residential areas with adult supervision.
- Caravan – Girl Scouts/troops go door-to-door in a residential area while the supervising adults follow in a car with the cookies.
- Cookie Stand – this is a “lemonade” type stand a Girl Scout can set up on her own property (i.e., in front of her house) to sell cookies as her home owners’ association permits.
Cookie booths are a great way for Girl Scout troops to sell together as a troop activity. Booths on commercial property like shopping centers are a great way to do this and reach a lot of customers. Themed booths are a popular troop activity and include such themes as patriotic booths that focus on Operation Cookie Drop and holiday booths including Valentine’s and St. Patrick’s Day.
But cookie booths don’t just have to be in front of stores. Some of the best cookie booths are set up at local parades and festivals, churches, sporting events, colleges and universities, libraries, or even a drive-thru booth!
If there is a lot of foot traffic, it’s a great location for a cookie booth. Whatever way a Girl Scout or her troop chooses to sell cookies, just make sure it is fun and safe.